Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Wondering Wednesday

I wonder if all those celebrities who fall all over themselves when there is an international cause to support will be reaching into their deep pockets and making impassioned speeches to help out the victims of Hurricane Katrina?

I wonder if their philanthropy is only activated by international strife? I wonder if the loss of lives and homes in Mississippi and Louisiana is just not far enough away? I wonder if we will see beautiful movie stars touring sights of the devastation, or better yet helping to clean up the debris? Or even better, working on crews to build new housing to replace what was lost?

I trust that everyone will support causes like the Red Cross , which is an organization that has proven to give immediate and much needed aide in times of disaster. I have seen this happen in my own city when a tornado came through. The Red Cross had a shelter up and running in a matter of hours and housed and fed families for days.

Do what you can, pray for the victims and survivors, and marvel at the stories of God's grace that will come out of this tragedy.

Pax

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Yes and Amen! God be with them and with all of us!

Heather said...

Amen to that! And as always too, check with your church as lots of denominations have relief programs set up through them. They always need our prayers too.