Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Stealing a TAG: Movie Meme

I am going to help out Ash Wednesday and steal a tag from her blog, since she is in the midst of her move and all. I have wanted to do this movie meme ever since I saw it the first time.


How many Movies do you own on DVD or Video:

On DVD about 50 on Video about another 75 Some duplications though, does that count as double or do they cancel each other out?

Last Film I Bought on DVD: I think it was I am David which I really loved and would recommend to anyone. It was a great story of a journey to wholeness, and a great family movie.

It may have been What's Eating Gilbert Grape though, because I found it in a bargain bin and I love that movie as a post modern study on our search for communion and community. I am going to use it in a talk I am giving in September on Eucharist. Think about it, it will come to you.

Five films I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:

1) To Kill a Mockingbird. This is my favorite book, and possibly my favorite movie. I watch it about once a year. I have it in both VHS and DVD formats. I think Gregory Peck is Aticus Finch. There isn't much about the movie that they made wrong in my estimation.

2) Kate and Leopold : What can I say, I am a sucker for a good love story. Throw in a man with manners who looks like Hugh Jackman, and I am content. BTW: the Director's cut on the DVD is better than the cut that was shown in theaters.

3) A Knight's Tale: Okay, I have to admit that I watch this one for the Director's commentary track more than for the movie itself. Brian Helgland and Paul Bettany spend the entire movie talking about whatever enters their fertile minds. It is so entertaining. This is why I love the DVD format. Who Knew?

4) The Mission: This movie is touching and disturbing and moving on so many levels. I found that I couldn't stop watching even when I didn't want to watch anymore. De Niro's performance was so good.

5) Anything by Mel Brooks: They make me laugh, they make me cry, They move me Bob. (a Veggie Tale Reference for the uninitiated) I can't help it. The night before my surgery we watched a series of Mel Brooks comedies and laughed until we were sick. It was exactly what I needed to keep me from obsessing over what was to come. I highly recommend it.


Since I stole the tag, I will leave it up to someone else to steal the tag from me as well . . . if you dare.

Pax

No comments: