Thursday, August 11, 2005

Karen Torres is my Hero

Here is another article about the Torres family, and a mystical experience connected to the experience they had surrounding the events that led up to the birth of their granddaughter Susan Anne Catherine Torres.


Karen, the Mother of Jason, and Grandmother of Susan Anne Catherine is my hero for something you read later in the article, which I am shamelessly copying here entirely because I want to commit it to memory so that I can say it to my children:

Even given the strong faith of the family, however, both Karen and Sonny admitted that at no point was it easy. In early July, it is a little reported fact that Karen’s mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. “There were some days,” said Karen, “when it was difficult to put one foot in front of the other, especially with the death of my mother.”

“Our faith and the kindness of other people praying for us was the only thing that got us through.” She said that through it all she was reminded of a famous quote by president Lincoln given during the Civil War. “I’m driven to my knees by the conviction that I have nowhere else to go.”

She continued, “I tell my children, now do you understand why you must go to Church on Sunday’s and keep your spiritual life in order? You can’t get it in good order in the middle of something like this. Faith is the only thing that gets you through.”


With a mother like that, Jason will make a great father, I have no doubt.

Pax

No comments: