Thursday, January 31, 2008

GO Fun Friday Catch Up Post Book Meme Tag

Okay, so I am both slow and innatentive (just ask mrangelmeg and he will concurr). I was tagged last Friday by Rufus over at Korrektiv for this meme. The funny thing is I have been seeing this one all over the net all week and wishing I would get tagged for it and darned if I wasn't already tagged and just wasn't observant enough to see the tag in the first place.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people.

The book I am currently reading and thoroughly enjoying (and would heartily recommend) is: I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This! by Mr Bob Newhart. More than a memoir, this has snippets of some of his best bits and both onstage and backstage stories that will have you laughing out loud (so be careful where you choose to read it, as I learned when I was reading it in the waiting room at saintly daughter's neurologist's office and burst out laughing unexpectedly, scaring a poor older couple nearly to death).

page 123 sentences 5 - 8: (he is talking about the birth of his children) I am adding sentence five for contextual purposes.

Back then in the sixties, fathers waited in the fathers' room. It's sort of a torture chamber they devised to drive the fathers nuts while their wives are having the babies. There was one guy in there whose wife had already given birth so he was superior to everyone else. He was chewing on a cigar and gloating.

I want to tag some of my new friends from Catholic Mothers Online :

Louise at A Time to Keep

Jean at Catholic Fire

Amy at Knit Together in Love

Alexis at Love Life

JennD at My Musing. . .

Pax


2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh thank you for tagging me! I have already done it, but it is worth doing again!!

*~JennD.'J.M.J.'~* said...

How funny! What in the world brought you to me, of all people?! LOL...
Glad to oblige ~ J. ;)