Monday, January 07, 2008

I Wondered What Happened to All That Money

I have noticed a change in the calibre of those wonderful emails that I have been receiving lately. They used to say that I had received a bequest, or that someone needed help getting money out of some African corporation. Now they are all about winning a British Lottery prize of hundreds of thousands, no even millions of Great Britain Pounds. (the exact wording in more than one email)

Now I don't know about any of you, but I for one didn't fall for this old dodge, because I saw
the movie. I know the real value of the Pound after the conversion, in fact that scene in the bedroom where they are using them (pound notes) as wallpaper is one of my favorites in the film. If you haven't seen this movie I highly recommend it as not only very funny but great family entertainment and a lot of great information about Catholic Saints.

Anyway, if anyone tries to offer you British Pounds, tell them no thanks but you already have nicely decorated walls.

And that is Angelmeg's global economic lesson for January.

Pax

No comments: