Sunday, January 06, 2008

Patron Saints for the Year

Tonight at Youth Mass they handed out Patron Saints for the Year:

Actually we reached into a jar and "allowed a saint to choose us for the year".

I was chosen by an old friend. This is going to be an interesting year. I am hoping that he chose me because I am supposed to pray for a bunch of heretics and non believers and not because I am going to be losing a lot of stuff (least of all my marbles!).

An even funnier thing happened when # 3 daughter reached in and chose a saint for mrangelmeg. We wrote his name on the slip before I looked to see who had chosen him for the year. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. You see he was chosen by well, here she is. If you know me, you too will understand why this is a laugh riot, those of you who don't know me; trust me this is way too funny not to have been sent down from the beatific vision -- you just can't make this stuff up!!!)

Pax

No comments: