Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Me Me Meme

Since Mark Mossa SJ (Soon to be Mr. Deacon Mark Mossa SJ; October 6, 2007. Woo Hoo!) didn't tag anyone on this meme I will take the tag. I am done writing for today anyway:


1. Male or Female: female

2. Married or Single (or religious):

Very Married in fact our 24th anniversary is Monday May 21, 2007

3. Dream vacation:

Ireland is the top of my list of places I would love to see before I die. Realistically anywhere I can be with mrangelmeg and the kids and not do housework is a dream vacation (in which case mrangelmeg might argue that I have been on a rather extended vacation right here at home regarding housework)

4. Birthplace: Rock Island, Illinois

5. Area I live in currently:

Bloomington, Indiana I am only a small h hoosier though because I wasn't born in Indiana. If you know anyone from Indiana you will understand what that means.

6. Someone you wish you could meet:

Tomie dePaola I have always loved his books and would love to sit down with him and ask him tons of questions about his writing process and inspiration and faith.

7.Biggest "pet-peeve":

Shows like Entertainment Weekly, Extra, Showbiz Tonight and any other television or print media that fills young people's heads with the idea that the likes of Paris Hilton and Anna Nicole Smith and Britney Spears are women they should try to emulate

9. Favorite Saint (besides the Blessed Mother):

are you trying to torture me again?

Today? I am really loving Lucy of Syracuse patroness of writers and eye trouble because my eyes have been aching all morning and I had a particularly difficult time in my writing process. I have been begging her for inspiration.

10. Favorite sport that you play:

Uhm, is people watching a sport? I suppose I can count ballroom dancing in this category, although we aren't in a class at this exact moment so I am not practicing.

Favorite Sport to watch:

Colts Football, and Golf on Television occasionally mrangelmeg can convince me to watch a Cardinals game with him

11. Favorite food:

duh Chocolate; I am a chocolatarian.

12. Tridentine or Novus Ordo:

Either if it is done reverently and everyone is allowed to participate. I don't like to be a "guest" at liturgy.

13. Would you (or are you) home school or public school:

Public School because it was the best choice at the time for the needs of my kids. I prayed about home schooling one of our daughters but really felt called not to do it.

14. How many kids do you have:

Five: one boy 22 and four girls 20, 18, 17 and almost 11 all still living at home. We promised in our wedding vows that we would accept children graciously as gifts from God. We never thought it meant we had to keep them with us FOREVER!

15.Ever been in an auto accident:

Four: Once I hit a deer, One hit and run by a drunk driver no damage to me, minor damage to my car. Once I hit a Mercedes in a parking lot because it was parked where it shouldn't have been parked no damage to my car $68 bucks damage to her car. and once a kid in a truck hit me and totaled my car. I have never been injured though praise God.

16.Ever seen a pope in person:

sadly, no

17.Languages that you know fluently:

English, though I am working on Spanish via podcast

18.Last movie you saw in theatres:

The Last Mimzy with my kids.

19. Next one you are planning on seeing:

Oldest daughter and a dear friend of mine are going to a special screening of Waitress Thursday Night. We can't wait, we are expecting a really great movie and some nice swag too.

20.Favorite Blog:

This week I have been

reading Korrektiv because of the Summer Reading Club: Lost in the Cosmos by Walker Percy, there is still time to join us if you want.

Checking Bedrest Boutique because Ashley hit 100 days Woo Hoo for baby Hershey and mommy.

Rejoicing with Mark and IC on their great news.

Sadly pining for CatholicNews.org MIA since last summer's baby break.


21.Your thoughts on Barney, the Easter bunny, and Santa Clause:

Barney: No comment, my kids liked him for a while but thankfully have way outgrown that stage.

Easter Bunny and Santa: At our house the kids take turns being the Easter Bunny and St Nick (for St Nicholas Day December 6th). This has solved so many problems, I have never had to have the teary eyed discussion about the non-existence of an icon, and I don't have to do all the work anymore. I firmly believe in Santa, he just happens to have red hair and drive a jeep, just like mrangelmeg.


If Suzanne wants to play along I tag her.

Pax

No comments: