Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Feast Day



Today is the feast day of one of my favorite saints. I used to think I was Franciscan in spirituality at my core, until someone invited me to share in a small group that used an Ignatian focus which centers on "finding God in all things". I was totally amazed at how well suited I was to Ignatian spirituality and have kept up with many of the practices that I learned in that group.

Over the years I have used Ignatius' Spiritual Exercises in different formats in different settings and each time I am brought to a new and deeper relationship with God and a more clear understanding of myself as a child of God.

If you are interested in finding out more about Ignatian Spirituality I would suggest you begin at this wonderful sight that was started by Karen Hall. She calls it A Little Battalion. From there you can find links to just about everything Jesuit on the web.

Pax

No comments: