Tuesday, July 18, 2006

MEME of Five

took this tag from SFO Mom :


1) Would you be willing to commit perjury in court for a close friend? What if your lie would save his life?

I am a firm believer in the judicial process and feel that the only way for it to work is for people to stand by their oath that they are telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I might be willing to not give information if I wasn't asked, but I don't think I would be willing to lie about something I knew to be the truth because that would be subverting the system. Besides that I have a huge fear of getting caught and sent to prison for perjury, which a felony.

2) Would you be willing to eat a bowl of live crickets for $40,000?

If I were starving and the live crickets were the only food there was to eat I would still probably not be able to eat them. The thought of their crawly legs touching my lips grosses me out even to think about let alone eat. Now if you asked if I would do this to save someone's life, I might be able to do it if it meant life or death for someone, but not just for money.

3. Would you have one of your fingers surgically removed if it guaranteed immunity from all major diseases?


That seems like such a silly thing to do as a hedge against disease. As a writer and flutist and budding pianist I would find it really hard to live without a finger that I purposely chose to remove. Besides that doesn't guarantee that I wouldn't get smacked by a bus the next time I crossed the street.

4. Would you be willing to give up all television for 5 years if it would induce someone to provide for 1,000 starving children?
I have become a bit of a TV junkie of late, especially reality television shows and I never miss The Office, so I would really miss it, but if it would guarantee that 1,000 children would be provided for and thrive I could easily find other things to do with my time. I would begin by reading all of the books I have that I have never gotten around to reading.

5. Would you accept $1 million to leave the country and never set foot in it again?
Not if it meant that I also never got to see my family and friends again. $1 million doesn't go as far as it used to go. There are many places in the world I would love to see, and a few I might like to even live in for a spell, but I would miss my family way too much to never come back here and see them. Besides I don't think there is another country in the world that I would want to live in for the long haul, really.

Anyone who wants to give this one a whirl is welcome to consider themselves tagged.

Pax

No comments: