Monday, July 31, 2006

A Gift of Prayer

One of my classmates at Gradual School is a woman who also happens to be an Episcopalian Priest. We had a long talk yesterday about what has been going on in our lives; my transition from work to stay at home mom, and her beginning a search for a parish to call her own (I wasn't aware how things worked, she isn't just assigned a church but she has to in essence do what ammounts to a job search).

Today she sent me this prayer to help me in my time of waiting on the Lord and I would like to share it with you all:


O God of peace, who has taught us that in returning and rest we shall be saved,
in quietness and in confidence shall be our strength: By the might of your
Spirit lift us, we pray, to your presence, where we may be still and know that you
are God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Pax

No comments: