Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Affirmations

I have been away from my job for a bit over two weeks now. Each day there are signal graces that come that affirm that my leaving my position was the right thing to do. My mood is much better, I am much more relaxed, just to name a few.

I went in to visit the other day on my way to the dentist office, and I was so glad that it was just a visit. I don't miss working there at all. Don't get me wrong, I do miss the people I worked with, but I don't miss the stress of the job, or the politics of parish life.

I got a call from one of the volunteers I worked with down there today. She was telling me that she was concerned that people had the wrong idea about how things were run while I was there and wanted to defend me. I told her that I really didn't care. My legacy was the hearts I touched, not what people thought of my last few months when I was working while I was ill and under pressure trying to decide if I should stay or go.

I really am glad to be out of that situation. Each day brings some new blessing, and a little more peace.

Pax

No comments: