Monday, March 26, 2007

Fun With Podcasts

Have you ever wanted to . . .

Learn a new Language in quick 15 minutes lessons?

or

Discover exactly what a Papal Document was all about by listening to a very knowledgeable Cardinal discuss his views on the subject.

or

Get the latest Hollywood News in a quick Headline Rap

or

Keep up-to-date with your favorite sports stories.

or

Get tips on how to get rich quick on the Internet?

or

Hear the latest Bands or Books before they are even released to the public?

All of this and more is available to you totally free of charge via the wonderful world of Podcasting. All you have to do to enjoy it is to download ITunes onto your computer, and look on the Podcast page of the Istore. From there you can register for any podcast you like; most of them are free.

Above are some of the ones I currently subscribe to, (and some I don't, you can try to decide which ones are which). Then ITunes will download them onto your computer and you can listen to them whenever you like.

If you happen to have an MP3 player (like the one mrangelmeg got me for my birthday, lucky girl that I am) you can take them with you. It is really cool to be able to listen to Cardinal Arinze's analysis of Deus Caritas Est as I am waiting at my daughter's school for her to get out. It actually makes the waiting much less of an imposition.

My favorite find has to be Coffee Break Spanish, which I listen to while I fold laundry. This one is really cool. It is taught by a man from Scotland. I am being taught to speak Spanish with the pronunciations that are used by people who live in mainland Spain by a man with a decidedly Scottish Burr. Only in cyberspace would this be possible. But hey, the next time someone comes up to me and asks me my name in Spanish, I will know exactly how to answer.

There are tons of podcasts out there for you to try and you can unsubscribe just as easily as you subscribed if you find them not to your liking. What do you have to lose?

Pax

No comments: