Thursday, March 01, 2007

Shameless Self Promotion

So part of my Lenten promise to myself was to become more intentional about writing. In an effort to do that I joined a website for writers where I can write short articles and post them for other people to read and in a way critique them by ranking them against other articles on the same subject.

So far I have written three articles on Religious or Spirituality topics. I find it quite challenging, and a good exercise. It is just what I need to keep me writing and is just non threatening enough (no real rejection because I don't ever get an article turned down for publication, though I might get one that comes in last in a category).

I am pleased to say that of the three articles I have posted, two are number one in their respective - but small categories, while the one I posted this morning is solidly in the middle of a rather much larger pack.

I am going to post a link to one of them

Here

NOTE: On this site I am writing under my real name, so if you have never seen it before it is Maggie Geene, if the article that comes up isn't by Maggie Geene, then someone else has displaced me as number 1, and you will have to click on my article.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

In case any of you are writers, this is a very fun site, and it actually purports to pay you for your work (as of right now I have made a whopping .01 for all of my hard work. )

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you, because one of my favorite Gradual School Professors said I should be writing for publication more often. I am not sure that this is quite what he had in mind, but for the time being will do quite nicely.

Pax

No comments: