Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It Could be Worse . . .

So a week ago the dryer stopped putting out any heat and we called a local mechanic to come and fix it. He charged us almost 70 dollars to tell us that we have a burned out heating element and he would have to order a new one, which would take a day or two .

Fast forward a week and we still haven't heard from him so I call him back and he says, "Oh yeah that part must be in I will check when I get back to the office this afternoon." When he never called back yesterday I got out the big guns and had mrangelmeg call him. He promised that he would be out this afternoon to put in the new heating element and get us back up and drying.

So, we waited almost all afternoon. It was after five before he finally showed up. He pulled out the dryer to install the new heater motor and found that the vent on the back of the dryer is totally corroded all the way back into the dryer. He says that he has never seen this kind of thing in 30 years of appliance repair work and this is not something that can be repaired, the dryer is not worth fixing it is a lost cause. So I have to go out and get a new one.

I wish he had found that out last week when he was here, it would have saved us 70 bucks.

I guess I know what I am getting for my birthday next week.

No comments: