Thursday, March 29, 2007

SPAAAAAAAAAH!

So mrangelmeg got me a gift certificate for a day at a local spa for Valentines Day. I saved it up until I could take advantage of open toed shoes after the pedicure since it was snowing on valentines day. Today was the day I selected to be pampered beyond my wildest dreams.

I went to Carmen Delgado Oasis Spa and Salon where I was treated to a half hour Swedish relaxation massage. Then I had a deep pore cleansing facial, and to complete my day of pampering I had a manicure/pedicure.

I am in heaven, and I look pretty darn good too.

I probably got so relaxed that I fell asleep at least four times while I was being worked on. It was just so nice. Especially the massage, which was the thing I was dreading the most because my back hurts so much.

My massage therapist gave me some great tips, and encouraged me to take better care of myself where my back is concerned and not live with pain. Duh, you would think I wouldn't have to be reminded that little piece of advice.

So, sitting up straighter, walking with better posture, throwing out shoes that don't give good support, and doing exercises to strengthen my core and back are all things I am going to add to my daily routine. And I think I may have to make a few return trips for future massages, but lets not tell mrangelmeg that just yet.

Pax

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

ooooh..LA...LA! I'm happy for you!