Monday, November 20, 2006

God's Personal Comedy Central

I am sure you have heard the old addage:


If you want to make God laugh, make plans.

That is exactly how I feel at this moment. I had my entire semester planned out, I was going to be taking a weekday course with the seminarians at Saint Meinrad on Mondays and Thursdays and still be able to visit my mom on Tuesdays as I have been. Things were looking pretty good in that direction. This was going to keep me from taking two Philosophy courses, which you all know that I love so completely, at the same time next summer.

Well, as things turn out, what a difference a week makes. I got a call from my sister yesterday and it seems as though my presence will be more necessary than ever at my mom's house next semester. My sister and I will have to trade off spending a week at a time up there to take care of mom so that mom can stay in her house instead of going to a nursing home. My other sister who is doing this care now has decided that she no longer wants to be there and until we can get better arrangements in place this will have to be how we work this out.

We have talked about this all along, I was just hoping that we could put this off till next summer or fall.

So, I will be spending every other week with my mother instead of two days a week with seminarians. To be honest I will prefer her company to theirs, but don't tell them that. There must be some reason that God wants me to take the two classes at the same time, and I am sure that it will become apparent to me when I am in the thick of them this summer.

And just so I don't get buried in reading this summer I can get a jump start by getting the reading lists for the two classes early and get started reading Aristotle and Plato and Augustine and Aquinas while I am at my mom's house.

Hey, stop laughing, it could happen!

Pax

No comments: