Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blogger Blackout

My computer went on the fritz in the most spectacular fashion the other night when I was trying to open ITunes. ITunes wouldn't open and was doing something really strange, so I tried to download a new version of ITunes from the Apple sight hoping that would repair the problem, but it didn't.

The next step was to totally remove the old ITunes and reload a brand new version and lose all of my old music, movies and podcast information stored there, which I was about to do when mrangelmeg told me I should just reboot my computer first to see if that would clear up the problem.

So I rebooted my computer.

Now my entire Windows XP program is scrambled and we can't even get my computer to run in safe mode, every time we start up my computer it runs through the XP start up screen , then we get two error messages telling us that there is an invalid picture or something like that and when we click OK the computer goes black. Not even a B.S.O.D.

So, I am without a computer until I can get back home and try to use my XP boot disk to reboot. If that doesn't work we are going to take it to our PC guru and have the hard drive copied and then send it off to Dell and see if they can figure out what went wrong. Lucky for me it is still under extended warranty.

Anyway, I am using mrangelmeg's computer today, but I won't have access to a computer for a while. When I get back home on Saturday I might be able to get a few minutes on my son's computer occasionally, but I will be waiting in line for that, so blogging will be light for the next week or so until we get my computer issues ironed out.

I can feel the withdrawal symptoms already.

Don't forget to join us in August for the month of prayer and reparations for sins against the Blessed Sacrament. Show extra love for what we love in reparation for those who just don't understand.

Pax

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Aw, man! I hope to see you this weekend. We are supposed to leave for Tennessee on the 6th or 7th.
Anyway, let me know what Mass you may be attending. We'll keep you in our prayers for a safe journey home.
Enjoy the beach and sunsets for me for the next few days.