Friday, August 18, 2006

End Of Summer Blowout

So we have been planning to go to Holiday World all summer, and it looks as though we are finally going to get all of our ducks in a row and get there on Sunday.

I am really excited, because they have a new rollercoaster this year and I have taken the virtual ride on the internet and it looks really great.

It is not an exaggeration to tell you that I am not a big fan of theme parks. I practically have to be dragged kicking and screaming to them anymore. I just don't enjoy most of the rides or the long lines or all of the walking, and all in all I figure that they are an incredible waste of money. There are so far two exceptions in the entire country to this rule. One is Busch Gardens Williamsburg, which is one of the most fun parks I have ever had the pleasure of spending a day in. The other is Holiday World, the best little theme park in the Midwest. I have never had a bad time at Holiday World. The park is always clean, the people who work there are always gracious, and the cost is still very reasonable for all of the fun between the water park and the dry rides.

I am actually really looking forward to our day of family fun. All but one of the kids is coming with us, our oldest daughter has to work. Her job is still too new to be able to ask off for just any day she wants.

1 comment:

The Ironic Catholic said...

YOu know what?

I used to work at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

No lie. My summer job in college. One year in the Italy cafeteria, two other years in Grimm's Hollow (kiddie rides in Germany, plus a carousel).

Fun park. More fun to visit than work, though.