Monday, September 15, 2008

What I'm Reading Now

This is the next book I have to read for my internship. It is written by a protestant author and is a guidebook for the spiritual journey. Each chapter is punctuated with reflection questions and quotes from the spiritual masters and other bits of help for the journey.

So far (I am only on the first chapter) I am finding it pretty slow reading, perhaps because I can't decide if I should be reading straight through the chapter without stopping for the extras, or if I should be reading the extras in the context of the chapter in which they come. So sometimes I backtrack an entire page to read the extras within the context, only to decide that it wasn't really worth the effort.

Oh well, I will eventually find a workable rhythm I am sure.

Pax



No comments: