Saturday, March 18, 2006

Novena Day Six

Sixth Day



St. Thérèse, Patroness of the Missions,
be a great missionary throughout the world to the end of time.
Remind our Master of His own words, "The harvest is great, but the laborers are few."
Your zeal for souls was so great, obtain a like zeal for those now working for souls,
and beg God to multiply their numbers, that the millions to whom Jesus is yet unknown
may be brought to know, love and follow Him.



Intercede for us all the days of our life,
but especially during this Novena and obtain for us from God
the graces and favors we ask through your intercession.
Amen.



Thought for the day: Zeal for souls.
Let us work together for the salvation of souls.
We have only the day of this life to save souls
and to give them to the Lord as proofs of our love.

I tell Jesus that I am glad not to be able to see, with the eyes of my soul,
this beautiful heaven which awaits me,
in order that He may vouchsafe to open it forever to poor unbelievers.

I cannot perform brilliant works;
I cannot preach the Gospel or shed my blood.
But what matter? My brothers work in place of me,
and I a little child, keep very close to the royal throne.
I love for those who are carrying on the warfare.

My deeds, my little sufferings, can make God loved all over the world.
Pax

2 comments:

Mark Mossa, SJ said...

Give me a "V" for Novena!

Unknown said...

That's what I get for not running spell check.

I was in the middle of house cleaning duties on this fine saturday and remembered I hadn't posted today's prayer. I will fix that!

The Management.