Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

There is something very fitting about our going to mass on the first day of the new year. It helps us to start the year off on the right foot I think and puts everything in perspective so that whatever comes the rest of the year at least we will have begun by being in communion with God and each other.

I made a promise a few years ago not to make resolutions anymore because they just put too much pressure on me and I never seemed to keep them anyway. I do want to keep a few things in mind though in this new year:


  • God is in control, and the more I remember that and allow Him to do the leading and me to do the surrendering I think things will go a lot more smoothly in my life.
  • My children are growing up and I have to let them stand (or fall) on their own, I can't keep trying to help them when they don't want or need my help anymore. I have to trust that I gave them a good start, and God will watch over them from here.
  • Life is too short to spend all of my time obsessing about work and school. I am going to take some time this year to do a few things that I enjoy, like learn to play the piano and take walks and plant flowers in the spring and swim in the pool this summer.

I hope you all have a great 2006.

Pax

No comments: