Monday, November 17, 2008

Mystic Monday


Today dear children I offer you the gentle words of our sister Jane de Chantal (1572-1641)

She was a married, mother of four, who after being widowed came under the Spiritual Direction of St. Frances de Sales and established a convent of sisters who worked with the poor .
Here is her admonition on how to live ones life:

I see. . . that your soul still agonizes when you feel without grace or when you commit some fault that comes from the rigor with which you would like to make progress. . . Your failings are not worth bothering about. I still think that the best thing is to stop examining yourself and to remain wide open in a holy confidence and joy. . .

- - Letters of Spiritual Direction




Pax

2 comments:

Doug P. Baker said...

Lovely! I need to look around here more. Do you have mystics every Monday? I liked the Francis (footwashing) quote below too.

Suzanne said...

Good post and quote. Have a nice evening with your husband. Have the children call if they need anything.
Also, I have left you an award on my blog..go fetch it, girlfriend! :)