Wednesday, September 06, 2006

It Is Finished!

I mailed off my Modern Philosophy Final assignment yesterday. I felt there should have been a marching band or something to accompany the occasion. Actually if you read yesterday's post there was a loud crash.

No longer will I live with Cartesian doubt, or Hume's skepticism. No more will thoughts of Kant's theory of the impossibility of metaphysics take up so much of my waking life.

I must admit, it may take a while to stop humming the catchy tune that has accompanied me throughout the past three months.

My professor left us with the maxim that if we wished to be the smartest person in the world, all we would have to do is to work out all of Descartes mistakes.

Think I'll stay simple, old me and leave that mind numbing exercise to someone who really has nothing better to do. I have laundry to do -- which tells you where philosophy fits in the grand scheme of things in the angelmeg household, because laundry is very low on the list.

I have this semester off, except for a short paper on my spiritual formation and growth since I entered the formation program. It shouldn't be that hard to do, once I figure out how I want to write it and what I want to say.

Pax

No comments: