Sunday, November 06, 2005

The Good News About The Thirty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time

But he said in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, I do not know you.’
In today's Gospel Jesus tells another parable about the importance of being prepared all the time, because we do not know the day or the hour of His second coming. The important message of the story isn't knowing, but being known. If someone were to look at your life, would they be able to tell that you are a Christian? Everything you do or say should be an example to others that you are a follower of Christ. You should live your life like the wise virgins in the story, prepared for the coming of the bridegroom. The most important person who must be able to recognize what your life is showing is Christ. When he does return will he look at you and say "I do not know you"?

Family Car Chat (for the ride home) what can I do to be a better example of a Christian in my life to those who see me? How can I show I am a Christian to those who don't know me very well?

1 comment:

ukok said...

'Amen, Amen I say to you'...that all too often I am not a good expample of a Christocentric life! Thanks be to God for Confession :)