Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Being a Parent Can Really Teach You A lot . . .

About God's Unconditional Love.

Our beloved oldest daughter came home from College for Thanksgiving with a piercing right under her lip in the middle of her chin! I looked at her with stunned awe. $5000 in orthodontia we just spent on this child and she celebrates getting her braces off by marring her beautiful face by placing another piece of steel through her skin!

All I could think of as I seethed internally, was that God loves all my sinfulness and stubbornness. I should do everything I can to love her through this rebellious phase she is going through. We have lived through the orange hair, and the shaved head and the horrid rag picker fashion victim clothing choices.

To be really honest, my other thought was, at least she didn't get her tongue pierced.

I am still totally amazed at my ability to restrain my comments. Though I did offer to help her to remove the stud, which she did tell us that she no longer likes and wishes to remove, but it is on so tight that the cannot remove it on her own. Mrangelmeg offered her a pair of needlenose pliers to help in the removal.

I can't believe that we will have to look at it all weekend. Each time I look at (it, I mean) my lovely daughter, I will try to remember that God's love is unconditional, and mine for her can be too.

Pray for me, I am going to need it.

Pax

No comments: