Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Good News About the First Sunday of Advent

What I say to you, I say to all: (Watch!)
This is the message for the first Sunday of Advent, the time of the church year when we prepare the way for the coming of the Christ child at Christmas. It is also the message for the second coming of Jesus. Jesus will come in a blinding flash, the blink of an eye the next time. Not like the first time when He came in a manger in a little town far away. The next time we will all have to be ready for Jesus before He comes. There will be no time to get ready after he arrives.
Have you ever stayed up to watch a meteor shower? They always seem to happen in the middle of the night, when I am very tired. If you aren't careful you may fall asleep and miss the best ones streaking across the sky. Missing Jesus' return would be a lot worse than missing a falling star. We need to be prepared every moment of every day for the judgment that will come when Jesus returns.

Family Car Chat (for the ride home) What are some things I can do each day to make sure that I am ready for Jesus' return? How can my family (community) help me to be ready?

No comments: