Monday, October 31, 2005

My Best Trick-or-Treat Memory

Mrangelmeg takes the kids trick-or-treating. It has been years since I have ventured out with them. Before we moved out to the boonies, my excuse was that someone had to give out candy. Out here we never get anyone coming to our door, so I don't have that handy excuse.

You see I hate to trick-or-treat. I never really liked it even as a kid. I don't know if it was because I was so shy, or if it had something to do with the amount of physical exercise involved, but I never really enjoyed the act of tromping around begging candy from everyone in the neighborhood just to get a bag of candy, most of which I didn't really like to eat anyway.

In fact, my absolute favorite Halloween memory from when I was a little kid was the year my mom dressed me up as a clown (I must have been about three at the time). I sat on the couch waiting for it to be time to go out trick or treating, and fell asleep. When I woke up an hour or so later there was a nice bag of candy by my side and I never even had to leave the couch. Now that was the best time I ever had trick-or-treating.

I do love Smarties candies though. My kids always come back from their forays into Halloween and bring me back offerings of Smarties because they know how much I love them.

Anyway, Happy All Hallows Eve.

Pax

No comments: