Tuesday, October 25, 2005

When I Can't Stand Waiting, He Makes Me Wait Even Longer

I was supposed to have a medical test tomorrow. One I wasn't particularly looking forward to having, but one that I was hoping would help to determine what was causing a pain I have had in my left side for over a year now. I found out this evening, when I had finally gotten up enough nerve to actually be calm about the test tomorrow, that due to an administrative mix-up between my Dr.'s office and my insurance company and the hospital, I will have to postpone the test for at least a day and maybe longer until the insurance company can pre-certify that I really do need to have the test.

I don't think I like the fact that some bean counter in Missouri is making medical decisions about what types of tests I need or don't need based upon actuarial tables without ever having consulted with my care or talked with my Dr., but such are the vagaries of modern health care under our current managed care system.

So, tomorrow morning, all the people who were supposed to be praying for me while I was having my test will be praying for me while I practice my new mass music and run a few errands. I won't be able to let them all know that my test has been postponed probably. Oh well, no prayer goes wasted. I will just redirect those prayers to whoever is having their test in my time slot.

On a happier note, I get a reprieve from drinking that yummy Barium Banana Smoothie for breakfast.

Pax

No comments: