Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Can't Help Lovin' That Man . . .

of mine.

So mrangelmeg went way above and beyond this Valentines day. He surprised me with some Ghirardelli Chocolates and a card this morning, but that wasn't all. Inside the card was a gift certificate to a local spa for a day of pampering. I mean the works; manicure, pedicure, and massage. I was totally blown away.

It was something I never would have imagined him getting me, and something I will really enjoy. The funny thing is, and I told him this, I was passing one of those nail places in the same strip mall near where I get my hair cut, (you know those places, where you can get the cheesy nails done by the people with the face masks.) and was considering getting my nails done just to see what it was like. Now I can get them done at a place that is a bit more up-scale.

Does this mean that after 23 years he has begun to read my mind? Now that is a scary thought.

In case you are wondering, my gift to him was a bag of Peanut M&M's (back in college when we met it was all we could afford, and until I became allergic to them was the traditional candy for giving at Valentines day. ) Besides that, he is going out of town next week on a golf outing with his dad for five days. That is a HUGE gift on my part!

Pax

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy Valentines Day! How very loving to you! Hey...MandM's with peanuts..yup..very very good stuff! :)

Anonymous said...

23 years. There's that number 23 again.

Coincidence? I think not!
Someone is out there controlling my life!!! (besides you, I mean)

23 is even in the post time of 11:23, but at least there is an 11 next to the 23 ... wait a minute ... that's 11 PM, and on a 24-hour clock it would be ....

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

mrangelmeg