Sunday, July 03, 2005

Independence

Mrangelmeg and I spent most of yesterday hauling our oldest daughter's belongings to her new home. She has declared her independence from us. She has chosen to live in an apartment in the city where she attends College.

While we don't agree with either her choice of roommates or her choice of apartment, we love our daughter, and we want her to be independent of us. So, so long as she pays her own rent, we have allowed that she can take this step. She is working and paying her own rent.

This was the hardest day of our lives with her. We have tried to shake some sense into her, but to no avail. We can't live her life for her, we can't keep her from making mistakes. We have decided that we gave her strong roots, and a level head, and we have to hope for the best.

So, we left her there, with roommates who didn't even help her to move in. I keep in touch with her by cell phone and email and every time I pray I ask God to protect her. I don't know what more I can do.

Pax

No comments: