Monday, July 18, 2005

Can I Like Rap?

I may have to after this.

At least Nick Cannon.

His new song, Can I Live? is based on the true story of his birth. It appears his mother was a 17 year old young woman who contemplated abortion but ultimately chose life. In the video Nick goes back in time to plead with her at the abortion clinic saying "If I had a voice I would say can I live". The video brought tears to my eyes.

At the end of the video he appears with his mother and you can see that there is real love there, and a deep thankfulness that she chose life, and hardship over the quick fix that abortion would have given her at the age of 17. I hope this video, which is getting air play on MTV and the song on mainstream radio will have the effect of bringing the message of life in a very powerful way to a population that only hears that the quick fix is the way to go.

So, I may never like rap, but I do love this Nick Cannon song. And I will recommend this one to everyone I know. Please go check it out.

Pax

No comments: