Saturday, July 16, 2005

Home is Where the Heart is . . .

and my pillow, and our puppies.

I love taking vacations, but I was so happy to walk into my house and be home again. The first thing the angelbaby did was go back to check on her puppies (our four month old beagle puppies, that grandma has been watching for us all week). The first thing I did was check through the mail.

It was so nice to be standing in my own kitchen, talking on my own phone. Sitting at my own computer. What will be really nice will be sleeping in my own bed, with my own pillow.

I was reflecting on the ride home how nice this vacation was. There seemed to be, at least for me less tension than on other vacations. I think because I chose to let fewer things make me upset than I have in the past. I wasn't so strung out about having things go exactly the way I wanted them to this year. I really tried to make sure that everyone had a good time. I think Mrangelmeg did a lot of that too.

Overall we did have a wonderful time. The kids brought back some really great memories this trip. But to an angelperson, I think we would all agree that as fun as the week was, it sure is nice to be back home again in Indiana.

Now, who's going to make dinner? My vacation ends tomorrow.

Pax

No comments: