Monday, June 02, 2008

My Morning Devotion View

For the next nine weeks this will be what I will see as I do my morning devotion. This is a picture that mrangelmeg took off of the balcony of the suite which he stayed at last time he was down here, and where we are currently residing.



Not a bad place to be, even if I have to cook meals, do dishes and clean the suite (the trade offs we gave for staying here instead of in a hotel for nine weeks -- we got two bedrooms two bathrooms and a full kitchen for mrangelmeg's per Diem.



The girls and I spent the day today at the pools (there are four actually, a children's pool, the one on the picture, a lagoon pool, a heated pool, and a hot tub) It was a really nice day. Tomorrow we plan to venture over to the beach on the gulf.



This is going to be a quick message because I failed to pack the power cord to my computer, and my oldest daughter had to mail it to me. It should arrive some time tomorrow. Then I will have more time (and power) to blog.



One thing though. The elevator has an animated voice that we have dubbed
Sarah. There are times when she has just about as much attitude.



I am reading a very interesting book called Michelangelo and the Pope's Ceiling by Ross King. Having seen
The Agony and the Ecstasy I knew some of the story, but there is so much more to how and why the Sistine Chapel Ceiling became the obsession of a sculptor rather than a painter. I promise to write more later.



Time now for bed.



Pax

No comments: