Sunday, April 29, 2007

Doing My Bit to Spread the Word


Matthew Lickona at Godsbody has put out a challenge to spread the word and rally more people to join us, so that we can break the stereotype that Catholics Don't Read.

Join the Summer Reading Club
Korrektiv has chosen Walker Percy's insightful parody of the self help genre;


Lost in the Cosmos
as their selection for the summer reading club this year.
Having been turned on to Walker Percy by the very same bunch (aka Korrektiv) and having loved everything I read by Percy last fall, I heartily recommend this. I actually purchased a copy and have it in my hot little hands and am going to begin to read the introductory assignment this evening since mrangelmeg is off on a short overnight business trip. I have already listened to the Peter Kreeft Lecture (trying for some brownie points here.)

So, go to your nearest library and borrow a copy of this book, or better yet, go to your nearest bookstore and buy a copy so you can write in the margins like I do. (Or used book store if you need to save a few bucks. I bet you will find a copy. It was printed as a mass market paperback more than once over the years.
Join us. It will be fun, you will meet new Internet friends and expand your vocabulary and learn a little bit about yourself.
Pax

No comments: