I came to visit mom today. This has been a good day. I thought I should take a few moments to count my blessings before I go to sleep.
1) mom remembered my name, when I came in the door she called me Maggie right away, I don't know if she was prompted by Tina, but even if she was she used my name a few more times today and it felt really good that she remembered my name.
2) we took a walk around her neighborhood. It was nice to get back outside again. She really likes to go out for short walks and I like to get her outside, but the weather has been so nasty the last few times that we haven't been able to do this. We had some wonderful conversation while we were on our walk too. I know she won't remember our conversation, but it was nice while it lasted.
3) she has had her sense of humor again, something that has been lacking over the last few months. I wonder if this is due to the new Alzheimer's medicine the Dr has her on. I hope she can keep it for a while.
4) she was fascinated by my IPod. She watched most of a video on it before she got bored. It was really fun watching her have fun with the technology.
5) We went out for Chinese food that tasted really good.
6) She let me help her with the self care activities that she has usually only wanted my sister to help her with. I like the fact that she is allowing me to help with these things since I am going to come and stay with her this summer. I need to get in the mode of doing for her.
So, Praise God for His many blessings.