Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Why Is It . . .


That when you get into the habit of daily exercise you can feel like total crud and realise that it is probably in your best interest to go ahead and get in that workout anyway? In point of fact, the more exercise becomes a regular part of your daily routine the harder it is for you to rationalize your way out of going to the gym just because you don't "feel like it".

I wonder if it has something to do with the endorphins that your body produces when you do work out. I think that it has more to do with misery loving company; if you are going to feel lousy, you may as well go the whole way and drain all the energy out of your system with a workout as well.

Anyway, since workouts have become a regular part of my day, I am off to get in my workout. Then I need to come home and clean and spend some time this afternoon writing. I hope I have energy left over after the workout.

Pax

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find exercise essential & gives you more energy.

Suzanne said...

I agree with Mrs. JP...it really does. Yesterday, Father Don was talking in his homily about how we need to somehow realize that the world will never really be at peace completely from wars and such and problems with all sorts of things. We have to somehow find that peace within ourselves..that place, you might say, where you can go....well, I bring this up, because somehow whenever I go out or get up and move, but especially outdoors and physically work out in my yard, etc. with a joyful attitude and appreciate the God given Creation out there, those endorphins you call..seem to melt almost all of the turmoil away and I do feel so much better..physically and spiritually. Is that what St. Francis finally got too? :) Father Don is right..we have to find that peace and this is just one of the ways I find it other than the Eucharist, of course.