Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tonight's The Night

My oldest Daughter and a friend of hers ( a young woman I met last year when I was volunteering at RCIA at the University) have been bugging me that they want to take me out to celebrate my completing my Masters work. I have put them off until now becuase, well to be honest until last Monday I wasn't really done.

So, tonight I am going to go to a local bar with my daughter and her friends to share a bottle of wine. I feel a bit of trepidation in doing this because of the age difference and the fact that I am still not 100% feeling on top of my game health-wise, but she really wants to do this for me and I can't cancel it would break her heart.

I don't plan on staying very long. I am so sure her young friends want to spend a bunch of time with someone my age. Although her one friend (the one I met last year, has told her that she thinks I am the greatest old person she has ever met -- not exactly how she put it but you get the drift).

I just hope I can stay awake until it is time to go because we aren't even leaving to go out untill after my daughter's class which doesn't end until 9 so it will easily be 9:30 or so before we leave here. I have been going to bed by 10:00 lately. This could be really fun.

I am hoping to have a very nice time for about an hour and then slip away home and leave them to do whatever it is that young people do these days.

Pax

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Enjoy! You have a lot to celebrate.