Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Update on Yesterday

Blessedly, they came and got my car, took it to the shop and when they got it off the wrecker they tried to start it and it wouldn't start. They were about to shove it into a work bay when one of the mechanics got in and turned the key just to see what would happen and it started just fine. Every time after that it started just fine. Thankfully the shop where I took it was run by an honest Christian man who didn't try to sell me something I didn't need. He told me that not having any diagnosable problem, there was nothing he could do for me. So I went and got it and drove it home without a problem. He checked the battery and everything he could, but since the starter worked fine every time they tried it, except that first time, he didn't feel that he could honestly sell me a starter. I was only charged for towing and a diagnostic fee that was less than a half hour of labor cost, so I think that was very fair of him, and he promised that if I had any trouble while I was still in town he would bring it back for free (not charge another towing fee).

I have driven it today and no more problem. I really think it was a blessing that I was around to observe the changes my mom is going through. She really needs changes in her meds and my sisters need more help with respite care which we are getting them through Area 7 Agency on Aging. Perhaps the wandering at night can be controlled by my one sister staying up later a night and then napping when the aide is there in the afternoon.

Like I said before it is such a dance, you get used to one set of symptoms and the rhythm and tempo changes.

Pax

No comments: