Saturday, December 23, 2006

It Came Upon the Midnight Clear

Sorry for the Silence, but things have been a bit harried around the angelmeg household these last few weeks. On top of trying to get my mom's situation more organized (she is moving into an more severe stage of Alzheimer's and is more and more confused, so we are trying to make sure that she is safe in her home), I ended up having the audacity to catch a virus and have been practically flat on my back for the past few days.

Well, that isn't technically true. I did manage to make some wheat free Christmas cookies that don't altogether taste like cardboard, and I made a scarf for the angelbaby that taxed all of my knitting and crocheting abilities, but she really loves it.

I am on the mend now, so I intend to complete the thousand gifts project, even if it takes well into the new year.

Right now we are on our way to mrangelmeg's sister's house for the evening to celebrate with his father. Tomorrow night his sister's family will come here to celebrate with his mom. (Isn't that neat how that works out.

Then I will have Christmas day to recover before I drive up to see mom on Tuesday and make sure things are running smoothly at her house and deliver presents for her and my sisters.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas, or as my oldest daughter has started calling this time of year

Happy ChannuChristmaKwanzaaDan

Pax

1 comment:

The Ironic Catholic said...

Merry Christmas Angelmeg!!!