Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate??

Egg nog spiked, hot chocolate without

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?

Wrap (let me put you straight though, on December 24th, Mrs Santa -me- and Santa -himself- have a traditional wrapping party, we get all of the presents ready ; I wrap everything while he reads the paper and helps with one or two gifts. Actually he is getting better and better at wrapping now that we have fewer gifts to wrap)

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?

We tried all white one year and didn't like the way it looked, we have colored twinkly lights

4. Do you hang mistletoe?

I have done in the past, but to be honest I really don't need it so why bother

5. When do you put your decorations up?

I try to wait till the third week end of Advent, sometimes I can't wait, usually I am too busy to get to it till then or I can't get himself to drag everything out till then.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?

Hmmm...besides the husband, oh you mean food!!! I really like cranberry relish and yams

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

One year it began to snow as we went into midnight mass and when we came out everything was blanketed in white, it was like magic.

8. When and how did you learn there was no Santa?

Do you mean to tell me there isn't a Santa Clause? Who have you been talking to?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?

We have a tradition with the kids of opening a gift of a book and jammies on Christmas Eve and the rest of the presents on Christmas day. The Jammies were supposed to be magical and help them to get to sleep so Santa could get to our house more quickly.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?

Twinkly lights and lots of angels and bells, and then mauve bows and streamers that match my livingroom.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?

Love a white Christmas, so long as it goes away by January 2nd and warms up from then on

12. Can you ice skate?

yes, haven't been in years though

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?

I got the Complete Winnie the Pooh when I was a little girl and I absolutely loved it, I had the entire book read by New Years Day.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?

Midnight Mass!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?

Mexican wedding cakes, I love to make them, I am going to have to see if I can find a way to modify the recipe so that I can actually eat them this year, I wonder how they tase made with rice flour.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?

We have a set of Santa Mugs that we get out every year to use for our after Midnight Mass cocoa, That is probably my favorite thing

17. What tops your tree?

An angel who is holding a string of garland and helping to decorate the tree, hey I will take all the help I can get.

18. Which do you prefer: Giving or Receiving?

definitely giving, I don't much like to shop, but I love to find just the right gift

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?

Nat King Cole singing the Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roastin')

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?

Love to see them but don't much like to eat them

21. Favorite Christmas movie?

Duh, this one is a no brainer Die Hard!!!!!
Seriously The Christmas Movie or It's a Wonderful Life

I tag anyone who wishes to join in the Christmas spirit

Pax

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I enjoyed that! Congratulations to Miss Bridget for sharing her beautiful hair again! May God bless you little sweetheart girl..I love you!