Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Prayer and Discernment, and then: When in Doubt, Throw It Out!

I found out today that I will be moving out of my office so that our new pastor may have an office in our building. I have no problem moving to another smaller office, which now belongs to the youth minister, who will be moving to a desk in the break room, but she is only at the office proper a few hours a week. In this way, through our compromise we were able to support the needs of the new pastor to have an office in our building, and still keep our break room which is used by the staff every day. He had said he was going to use that as his office.

So, I have one month to pack up everything that I have accumulated over five years and find a way to squeeze it into a much smaller space. I guess this will be a great time of discernment. I will be able to determine what is really necessary and what is not. I can cull out some of the things I haven't actually used in five years and get rid of them, and then I will be lean and mean when I am all moved into my new space.

Do you want to know something? I am actually looking forward to this move. To be truthful I have never liked my office, the desk faces the wrong way, and the furniture is totally non functional. I realize that the new office will have its problems as well, but they will be problems I will have years to get to know. I am looking forward to the challenge.

No rest for the weary I guess, the next month will be full of packing and sorting and praying and pitching.

No comments: