Sunday, May 08, 2005

Update on Discernment

I have decided, after more prayer, and remaining open to the Spirit as I continued to mull over the topic of the Catholic Women in Faith July talk on A Father's Heart, that perhaps God does want me to speak on this topic after all.

This morning I woke up with a way to approach this topic that opens up an area of spirituality that they haven't discussed yet at their meetings, and it goes right to the heart (pun intended) of the topic of A Father's Heart: I woke up with the feeling that I should talk about the mystical path to the Father's heart. I can do a short history of the early mystics and how hard it was for them to speak of the transcendent experiences they were having, because human language is so truly limiting. Then I can tell a little about my own journey along the mystical pathway of prayer.

This will fit right in with the beginning of perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, which will just be beginning at our parish at this time as well. I can end my talk by stressing that when words fail silence becomes the most effective prayer, communion in silence is at the deepest point of entering into the Father's heart.

Pax

No comments: