Monday, May 23, 2005

22, and getting better all the time

Mrangelmeg and I have been married twenty-two years last Saturday. I was trying to remember what it was like way back in college when we decided that we couldn't imagine a future that didn't include each other, and we just had to get married. Boy were we young.

After all these years of mortgage payments and totaled cars and plumbing problems and bad vacations, and silly sentimental gifts, and lots and lots of love, I can't imagine how I could have gotten through the past twenty-two years if I hadn't married him.

There aren't many things of which I am certain in this life of mine, but of this I am sure: my vocation is to be married to mrangelmeg. I was called to it, and I took solemn vows sealing it in a church in front of witnesses and God, and it is only through my vocation that I will be complete. God ordained that mrangelmeg and I would become one. The really cool thing I have found is that when I am weak, he is strong, and when he needs my strength I have excess to give. Teamwork isn't about giving 50/50, it is about giving all for all. And he always knows when to make me laugh. I love his sense of humor.

Oh, and besides that, he still makes my knees sweat when he looks at me in that special way. My heart still skips a beat when I hear him come through the door, or when he reaches for my hand when we are sitting next to each other.

Love does get better, Who knew?

Pax

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

When I saw you two on Sunday, I had no idea that your anniversary was the day before! Happy even if belated anniversary!!!
22 years must be celebrated today!!! You are both an inspiration to the world!