Monday, January 04, 2010

150 Days with the Psalms


Today's Psalm: 134

Come, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD
Who stand in the house of the LORD through the long hours of night.
Lift up your hands toward the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.
May the LORD who made heaven and earth bless you from Zion.

This one is for my brother Mike, who for the last year has -- along with many other men and women been bravely stationed in Iraq (and Afghanistan ). For those who stand, in the long hours of the night doing what we cannot do for ourselves, we ask the blessings of a loving God.

Interestingly, my brother is Jewish, and since the Old Testament Psalms are a part of the bible that we share I hope he will accept my prayer for him in the spirit in which I extend it.

Pax

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Were you raised Jewish, or did your brother convert?

prayers indeed.

Rosemary said...

God bless your brother and keep him safe.

Unknown said...

Mimi, we were raised Catholic. My brother was a convert to Judaism before his marriage in the 80's.

Mimi said...

Interesting, thanks for the answer! Prayers definitely continue for your brother!