Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Speaking of Surrender

Since my previous post is about sainthood and surrender to God's Divine Will I want to share a paragraph I read today from Sacrament of the Present Moment:


. . . the cruel chisel destroys a stone with each cut. But what the stone suffers by repeated blows is no less than the shape the mason is making of it. And should a poor stone be asked "What is happening to you?", it might reply "Don't ask me. All I know is that for my part there is nothing for me to know or do , only to remain steady under the hand of my master and to love him and suffer him to work out my destiny. It is for him to know ho wto acheive this. I know neither what he is doing nor why. I only know that he is doing what is best and most perfect, and I suffer each cut of the chisel as though it were the best thing for me, even though, to tell the truth, each one is my idea of ruin, destruction and defacement. But ignoring all this, I rest content with the present moment. Tinking only of my duty to it, I submit to the work of this skillful master without caring to know what it is. . . . Let God's will be done and surrender yourself to him!


No comments: