Really this should be called 8 Random facts meme but since this is the Feast of the Immaculate Conception we get to give it a tonier name. Wooo us.
I got tagged by The Ironic Catholic
Rules: Each tagged person must post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. At the end of the post, choose 8 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment telling them that they are tagged and to read your blog. Have fun!
1. I used to sing in an a capella Women's Jazz octet called Always in Treble
2. I really hate Brussel Sprouts, even the smell turns my stomach
3. mrangelmeg and I get along pretty well when it comes to most things but out biggest disagreement has to do with this man. I really don't like him at all. Mrangelmeg is such a fan of the team he is more forgiving.
4. I have a 6 degrees of separation type connection to Pat Conroy, the author. His Uncle, Fr. Jim Conroy was a college pal of my dad (they were both Chicago boys) and spent many a Saturday afternoon on our couch drinking beer and watching football when I was a child.
5. A few years ago someone actually Googled me, and contacted me to find out if she could get permission to use an article I had written for the Internet in her parish bulletin . How cool is that?
6. We still celebrate St. Nicholas day on December 6th, complete with candy and little presents in our shoes . In fact 25 years ago that is how I received my engagement ring; I had left a pair of shoes at mrangelmeg's parent's house over Thanksgiving break and had to return to school but he had an extra week off because his quarter was over. He returned to town on St. Nicholas day and brought my shoes to my apartment. He said that St. Nicholas had left something in my shoe, it was my engagement ring in its box. (isn't that romantic?)
7. I have become obsessed with Brain Age. I play every day. I wish I could say that my Brain was 20 years old but at least it isn't 20 years older than my real age anymore.
8. I bruise easily, in the summer it isn't as noticeable because I usually have a bit of color, in the winter I just look clumsy with tons of bruises on pasty white skin.
I am going to tag:
Kitchen Madonna when she has the time
Paul at God Spede
Penni at Martha Martha
Confessions of a Hot Carmel Sundae
Karen at Some Have Hats
Mark at And I Let Myself be Duped
Are We There Yet (one of my new Catholic Mom Friends)