Saturday, March 05, 2005

I am NOT SICK. . .well maybe a little

This is one of my Gradual School Class Weekends. I woke up this morning at 5:15 a.m. to go to prayer with the Monks. I ached all over. I thought maybe it was arthritis so I took my arthritis medicine and decided to sleep a while longer. I fell right to sleep and woke up again through three rounds of my alarm ringing and hitting the snooze bar. I still hurt like crazy which told me one thing, It wasn't arthritis.

I am finally getting that cold that the kids have all had. I am also in the worst possible place to have it: away from home where there are expectations for how I spend my time. And with the prospect of a drive home tomorrow night.

I am not sick. I figure if I deny it with enough force it will be true. It could happen. The force of my will can keep me well.

But my eyes hurt and my joints hurt and I can't think straight.

So maybe I am a little sick.

Pray for me, and I apologize if I give my germs to any of you. Good thing the can't pass through cyberspace.

Keep me in your prayers.

Maggie

No comments: