Tuesday, April 08, 2008

GO Training Tuesday: Why it is Good To Have Accountability

I am not admitting defeat, but I am admitting a setback. This last two weeks has been very strenuous, physically and emotionally. I have been extremely over-scheduled and just plain exhausted. Finding the time for a workout has been very difficult. When I get done with the stuff I have to do, the last thing in the world I want to do is go and work out at the YMCA.

That is why I am really glad that I am paying for the services of a trainer. Knowing that I am accountable to her each week for my progress has kept me from doing too much backsliding, or just giving in to the total inertia that I do feel. She is very encouraging, and helps me to stay motivated.

When we meet today for our regular weekly session we will go over how many (or few) extra workouts I got in in the week since the last time we met. She will help me to determine where I can find time to slip in a 30 minute walk, or some other form of aerobic exercise even when I can't make it all the way over here to the YMCA for a full weights circuit.

I can't say that I have been as faithful as I would have liked this week, but then again this week has been killer, and I have done some extra activities that have been very active to make up for my inattention to my workouts. I don't think my trainer will be unpleased, but I know she will encourage me to try to shift around my schedule a bit more to work in some extra workout time if I can.

Does anyone have any hints on how to shift immovable objects? If so I could really use them.

Pax

No comments: