Thursday, September 20, 2007

A Moment of Silence Please


About two weeks ago my Uncle Chuck, (My mother's brother) died at the age of 83. I couldn't get to the funeral because mom was in the hospital at the time. We have decided to not tell her that he died, because in her demented state she won't remember and each time someone has to tell her that he is dead she will mourn all over again.

Just this morning I received word that my Aunt Mary (my father's brother's wife) died. She had been ill herself for a long time and she finally couldn't hold on anymore. Her husband, my uncle, is suffering from dementia, and has been placed in a hospital as the first step to transferring him to a nursing home. (I will be able to counsel the family on what to expect having just gone through it with my mom.)

I am going to try to get to the funeral this time because I couldn't last time. The two families live in the same city.

I am not devastated by these deaths because I know that my aunt and uncle are no longer in pain, but I am very concerned about how my aunt's family will handle the stress of losing a mother and having to put their dad in a nursing home.

Please say a quick prayer for the repose of the souls of Chuck and Mary, and for comfort for their families.

Pax

1 comment:

Mimi said...

I'm so sorry. May both of their Memories be Eternal.