Monday, September 17, 2007

Don't Wait

We have all expressed the sentiment, "When I have enough time I am going to . . ." If I have learned anything in the time that I have been taking care of mom the one thing that is completely clear to me is Don't Wait!

I think that is one of the reasons that I began taking piano lessons a few years ago, and why mrangelmeg and I started taking ballroom dance lessons. Those are two things I have always wanted to be able to do, and kept telling myself that someday I would have the time for them. Then my mom got Alzheimer's disease, and I watched her run out of time.

Don't wait to do that thing you have always wanted to do, make every day of your life an adventure in learning new things and having new experiences.

I complain constantly about Gradual School, but I am so happy that I am doing that too. To think that just five years ago I was terrified to even start the process, and now I am very close to completing my degree.

I took up golf when mrangelmeg and I first got married so that we could spend time together. Over the years I haven't played all that much, but this summer the few times I played were very enjoyable. I am so glad I didn't just wish I had tried it.

So, my advice to all of you this Monday morning is NOW IS THE TIME . . .

to begin dance lessons.

to learn a new language.

to learn to knit or crochet.

to build that boat you have always wanted to build.

to write that novel or screenplay.

to take that trip to Ireland.

to tell everyone you love that you do love them.

to spend quiet time with the one you love.

to be adventurous.

because some day soon, it may be too late to do all those things.

Pax

1 comment:

Paul Stokell said...

That being said, I won't wait to hit you with a B.R.A. meme. :)